DUBLIN, June 27 (Xinhua) -- Fianna Fail leader Micheal Martin has been elected as new prime minister of Ireland in a vote held here on Saturday at a special meeting of the lower house of the Irish parliament.
Announcing the voting results, Sean O Fearghail, speaker of the lower house of the Irish parliament, said that Micheal Martin received 93 votes in favor of his nomination for the country's new prime minister with 63 votes against and three abstentions.
- 国际英语新闻:Singapore to permit resumption of tourism businesses
- 国际英语新闻:Ugandan party officials say China's people-centered philosophy key to development
- 国际英语新闻:World Bank to grant Benin 50 mln USD to mitigate COVID-19 impacts
- 国际英语新闻:Commentary: G20 has vital leading role in moment of dual global crises
- 国际英语新闻:Spotlight: UK tourism seeks to reinvent itself amid COVID-19 pandemic