Children walk in a park in Ankara, Turkey, on May 20, 2020. Turkish Health Minister Fahrettin Koca on Wednesday reported 972 new COVID-19 cases and 23 more deaths in the country. (Photo by Mustafa Kaya/Xinhua)
ANKARA, May 20 (Xinhua) -- Turkish Health Minister Fahrettin Koca on Wednesday reported 972 new COVID-19 cases and 23 more deaths in the country.
The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases has surged to 152,587, while the death toll climbed to 4,222, the minister tweeted.
Turkish authorities conducted 20,838 tests for the coronavirus in the last 24 hours, bringing the overall number of tests to 1,696,355, he stated.
In addition, 113,987 patients have recovered from the virus since the outbreak, while 877 are being treated at intensive care units and 445 intubated, according to the minister.
Turkey reported its first COVID-19 case on March 11.
- 国际英语新闻:Brazilian police make record drug seizure
- 国际英语新闻:Singapore reports 448 new COVID-19 cases
- 国际英语新闻:Roundup: Turkey sees signs of slowdown in COVID-19 pandemic; Saudi Arabia continues to lead
- 国际英语新闻:Egypt sees record 774 daily new COVID-19 cases, 15,003 in total
- 国际英语新闻:Russia says awaiting U.S. clarifications on withdrawal from Treaty on Open Skies