位置:首页 > 英语口语 > 基础口语 > 万用英语口语句典
万用英语口语句典24000句 交际英语 1-1-22 谈论工作
日期:2016-08-14

22.谈论工作

What do you do fora living?
=What's your occupation?
你是做什么工作的?
A: What do you do fora living?
你是做什么工作的?
B: I'm an English teacher.
我是一名英语老师。
living n. 生计,生活
occupation n. 职业
询问别人的职业也可以直接用"What do you do?"。

What position do you hold?
你担任什么职务?
A: What position do you hold?
你担任什么职务?
B: I'm in charge of the advertisement department.
我负责广告部。

I'm my own boss.
=I'm self-employed
我自己当老板。
A:Where do you work?
你在哪儿上班?
B:I'm my own boss.
我自己当老板。

I've been sitting all day. My shoulders get so stiff.
坐了一整天,我的肩膀都僵了。
My eyes are tired. I've been looking at this screen too long.
我的眼睛好累啊,看这个屏幕太久了。

I'm so tired for I have to work for 11 hours a day.
我每天都工作11个小时,真是太累了。
A:You don't look well
你看上去不太好。
B: I'm so tired for I have to work for 11 hours a day.
我每天都工作11个小时,真是太累了。
在本句中第一个“for”的意思和because的意思一样,都用来表示原因,但for的语气要比because轻。

I have to work late every day.
我每天都要工作到深夜。
A:You look so tired. Are you all right?
你看上去很累。没事吧?
B: I have to work late every day.
我每天都要工作到深夜。

I can't put up with working overtime every day.
我不能忍受每天都加班。
A: I can't put up with working overtime every day.
我不能忍受每天都加班。
B:Neither can I!
我也受不了!
put up with“忍受,容忍”

We must work for ten hours.
我们必须工作十个小时。
A:We must work for ten hours.
我们必须工作十个小时。
B: I think your boss is cruel.
我觉得你们老板太残忍了。

How's the salary, if I may ask?
冒昧地问一下,工资是多少?
A:How's the salary if I may ask?
冒昧地问一下,工资是多少?
B: The salary is not bad, but I'm under a lot of pressure at work.
还不错,不过工作压力挺大的。

The task is so heavy that I want to change a job.
工作任务太重了,我真想换个工作。
A: The task is so heavy that I want to change a job.
工作任务太重了,我真想换个工作。
B: You'd better think about it seriously.
你最好认真考虑一下?
so that连在一起用表示的是“因此,所以”。分开用的时候,“so”后面接形容词或副词.that后面接从句,表示“如此…以致于…”。

How long have you worked for this company?
你在这家公司工作多久了?
A: How long have you worked for this company?
你在这家公司工作多久了?
B: For about ten years since its establishment.
从它成立开始,大约有10年了。
establishment n. 成立,建立

My job pays well.
我的工作收入挺不错的。
A: Does your company pay well?
你们公司的工资高吗?
B:Yes. My job pays well.
是的,我的工作收入挺不错的。

It's suitable for me.
这份工作很适合我。
A: Do you like your present job?
你喜欢目前的工作吗?
B: Yes. It's suitable for me
我喜欢。这价工作很适合我。
suitable a. 适合的

I find my job extremely boring.
我觉得我的工作特别枯燥。
A:Why do you want to find a new job?
你为什么想换工作呢?
B:I find my job extremely boring. It's too routine.
我觉得我的工作特别枯燥,太一成不变了。
routine a. 例行公事的。

Why did you quit it?
你为什么不干了呢?
A:Why did you quit it?
你为什么不干了呢?
B: The company is too far away from my house.
那个公司离我家太远了。
quit v. 辞职,退出

The opportunities are abundant.
机会有的是。
A: Are there any opportunities to be promoted?
你们公司有升职的机会吗?
B: Yes. The opportunities are abundant.
是的,机会有的是。
abundant a. 丰富的

How do you like your job?
你认为你的工作怎么样?
A:How do you like your job?
你认为你的工作怎么样?
B: It's hard and sometimes very dangerous.
很辛苦,有时也很危险。

My workload is too heavy.
我的工作量太大了。
A: My workload is too heavy.
我的工作量太大了。
B:I don't think so.
我不这样认为。
workload n. 工作量

It's hard but very challenging.
虽然很辛苦,但具有挑战性。
A:Are you satisfied with your work?
你对工作满意吗?
B: Yes. It's hard but very challenging.
是的,满意。虽然很辛苦,但具有挑战性。
challenging a. 具有挑战性的