NEW YORK, March 24 (Xinhua) -- The number of COVID-19 cases in the United States topped 50,000 as of 3 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on Tuesday (1900 GMT), according to the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University.
The fresh figure reached 50,206 with 606 deaths, the CSSE said.
The state of New York has become the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak in the country, with 25,665 cases reported. New Jersey and California have reported 2,844 and 2,267 cases, respectively, according to the center.
- 国际英语新闻:France's Macron launches army operation to win war against COVID-19
- 国际英语新闻:Putin announces paid leave for all Russians next week due to COVID-19
- 国际英语新闻:WHO urges countries to use "a second window of opportunity" to stop COVID-19 transmission
- 国际英语新闻:Italy's COVID-19 cases total 74,386, death toll reaches 7,503
- 国际英语新闻:Spotlight: European countries grapple with medical supply shortage as COVID-19 cases climb