RAMALLAH, March 19 (Xinhua) -- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Thursday said that Palestine is exerting every effort to fight the coronavirus, despite its limited resources.
"Amidst those difficult circumstances, I reassure you that we are exerting all efforts and utilizing all potential to face this dangerous virus that is attacking the entire world," said Abbas in a televised speech.
"Despite our limited resources, we have managed, till now, to limit the danger of this virus, with the awareness and cooperation of our people with the government and relevant bodies," he added.
Abbas said that the government will provide the Palestinians with all related medical care and assess the economic impact of the situation, urging the local private sector to support the government's endeavors.
Palestine has announced that 47 cases of coronavirus were confirmed in the West Bank.
Since the COVID-19 outbreak in the West Bank city of Bethlehem on March 5, Palestine has declared a state of emergency and quarantined the city. Enditem
- 国际英语新闻:Pakistani PM calls for social distancing amid coronavirus spread
- 国际英语新闻:Brazilian Congress approves state of emergency to contain spread of COVID-19
- 国际英语新闻:Iran's president calls for removal of U.S. sanctions amid COVID-19 outbreak
- 国际英语新闻:Trump says currently not considering nationwide lockdown
- 国际英语新闻:Nepal announces ban on incoming international flights