TUNIS, Jan. 13 (Xinhua) -- Tunisian President Kais Saied received on Monday Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio who pays an official visit to Tunisia, the Tunisian presidency said in a statement.
Saied reiterated Tunisia's position which calls for a rapid and comprehensive solution to the crisis in Libya via national dialogue and within the framework of respect for international legitimacy.
For his part, the Italian foreign minister praised Tunisia's position and its role in the settlement of the Libyan crisis while appreciating the recent Tunisian initiative to bring together representatives of Libyan tribes and civil society in Tunis.
The Italian official, insisted on the importance of including Tunisia in the Berlin conference on Libya and in all efforts and consultations aimed at solving the crisis.
- 国际英语新闻:Israel launches airstrikes on Syrian air base in Homs
- 国际英语新闻:Nearly 1,000 illegal immigrants rescued off Libyan coast in 2020
- 国际英语新闻:Anger in Scotland after British PM rules out new independence vote
- 国际英语新闻:U.S. aircraft dumps jet fuel on playground near LA, leaving 26 with minor injuries
- 国际英语新闻:Interview: Closer U.S.-China collaboration, exchanges in retail sector "very important"