LONDON, Nov. 29 (Xinhua) -- London Bridge knife attacker was a recently released terrorist prisoner and had connections to terror groups, media reports said Friday night.
The suspect was known to the British police and is believed to have been wearing a tag, said the reports.
The Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) declared a "terrorist incident" in the wake of the attack.
The man suspected of being behind a stabbing attack has been shot dead by police on London Bridge in the center of the British capital on Friday afternoon.
The MPS said the suspect is believed to have been wearing a "hoax explosive device."
Two members of the public have been killed and three others are in hospital after the suspect attacker went on a stabbing rampage.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said that there will be an "enhanced police presence on the streets" following the attack.
London Bridge was the scene of another attack on June 3, 2017, in which eight people were killed and many more injured.
- 国际英语新闻:Feature: Laundry room in Syria's Aleppo gathers women with loads of clothes, stories
- 国际英语新闻:Over 2 dozen militants killed, 31 IS fighters surrender in Afghanistan
- 国际英语新闻:Israel attacks Hamas targets in Gaza
- 国际英语新闻:Iraqi PM holds session to discuss resignation
- 国际英语新闻:Commentary: Washington's egoistic double standard on human rights