GUANGZHOU, Oct. 13 (Xinhua) -- Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, on Tuesday afternoon inspected the city of Shantou during his tour in south China's Guangdong Province.
In an old downtown area of Shantou that witnesses its opening-up history, Xi went to a cultural exhibition hall and a museum of correspondence from overseas Chinese, to learn about the city's history of opening as a port, its development as a special economic zone, and the history of overseas Chinese people from Chaozhou and Shantou and neighboring areas caring about and supporting the construction of their motherland and hometown.
He later walked along the streets in the old downtown areas and talked with local residents.
- 国内英语新闻:Xi Focus: China celebrates 40th anniversary of Shenzhen SEZ, embarking on new journey toward
- 国内英语新闻:China's top legislator calls on lawmakers to put people first
- 国内英语新闻:Chinese lawmakers call for strengthened patent protection to stimulate innovation
- 国内英语新闻:China opposes Canada's remarks on "coercive diplomacy"
- 国内英语新闻:China stresses punishment on illegal behavior intended for blackmail