BEIJING, March 27 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Friday evening held a phone conversation with Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Noting that when the Chinese people were in a difficult time to fight the COVID-19 outbreak, the Austrian government and its people provided valuable support and help, Li said that as the pandemic is spreading rapidly in Austria, China firmly supports Austria's efforts to fight the outbreak and stands ready to provide assistance within its capabilities.
China will continue to provide convenience for Austria's purchase and transportation of medical supplies from China, Li said, expressing hope that the Austrian side guarantees the safety and the convenience of life of Chinese nationals, including Chinese students, in Austria.
Kurz said Austria is deeply impressed by China's achievements in fighting the novel coronavirus.
Noting that Austria and China are good friends, Kurz said that Austria is currently facing severe challenges in epidemic prevention and control, and still needs to purchase necessary medical materials and equipment.
He hopes that China will continue to provide help in this regard.
- 国内英语新闻:Chinese vice premier encourages journalists on anti-virus front line
- 国内英语新闻:Xi Focus: Xi chairs leadership meeting on COVID-19 response, economy
- 国内英语新闻:China ready to promote global efforts to fight COVID-19: Chinese FM
- 国内英语新闻:China's central bank pledges improved macro-economic control to limit virus fallout
- 国内英语新闻:Xi Focus: Xi calls for all-out global war against COVID-19 at extraordinary G20 summit