CHENGDU, July 11 (Xinhua) -- Sixteen bodies have been recovered following a rain-triggered mudslide that occurred in southwest China's Sichuan province on June 28, an official from the local rescue command center said Wednesday.
As of 6 p.m. Tuesday, rescuers had pulled 14 bodies from the Jinsha River, a major river located upstream of the Yangtze River, as well as discovered another two bodies earlier in the mudslide-hit region, the official said.
The search along the river is continuing. Twenty-four people remain missing following the disaster.
Torrential downpours unleashed a mudslide at a construction site for the Baihetan Hydropower Station in Ningnan county on June 28. The station's staff and their relatives are among the dead and missing.
- 英语文摘:Xi, Putin to witness opening of nuclear energy cooperation project via video link
- 英语文摘:China hits 400 mln vaccine doses following recent COVID-19 outbreaks
- 英语文摘:China, Italy pledge to deepen bilateral ties, advance China-EU cooperation
- 英语文摘:Chinese vice premier urges efforts to facilitate college graduate employment
- 英语文摘:Xiplomacy: Xi's civilization view offers insight into today's world