BEIJING, May 24 (Xinhua) -- A fund dedicated to fighting child abduction via online microblogging services was established Thursday by the China Social Assistance Foundation (CSAF).
The CSAF said the public fund, which was initiated by some Chinese celebrities, will encourage people to report child trafficking, volunteers to trace abducted children and media to publish related information, combining the efforts of police, judicial departments and online volunteers to fight against child trafficking.
The fund will also try to promote public awareness of child abduction, as well as enhance the capacity for families and children to fight child trafficking, the CSAF said.
In the meantime, a non-profit miniseries named "Seeking the Lost Children" will debut on the Internet next week. The eight-episode miniseries exposes the previously untold stories of some families that have suffered from child abduction.
- 英语文摘:Xi, Putin to witness opening of nuclear energy cooperation project via video link
- 英语文摘:China hits 400 mln vaccine doses following recent COVID-19 outbreaks
- 英语文摘:China, Italy pledge to deepen bilateral ties, advance China-EU cooperation
- 英语文摘:Chinese vice premier urges efforts to facilitate college graduate employment
- 英语文摘:Xiplomacy: Xi's civilization view offers insight into today's world